Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro failed install, v2.2.0

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tim Stevens

Wordpress is up to date and my website was functioning correctly. Twice I tried to update my Search & Filter Pro plugin to 2.2.0, but without success. I get the message: “Update Failed: Plugin update failed”.

Please help.

Thanks

Trevor Moderator

It may then be necessary to do it manually. Download the 2.2.0 file from your account area, and then …

1) Deactivate S&F in WP Admin Plugins page (do not delete, otherwise you will lose your search form)
    2) Via FTP, delete search-filter-pro folder from the wp-content\plugins folder on your server. If you wish to keep the folder, just in case, do NOT rename it, instead move it UP a folder into the wp-content folder.
    3) Unzip the file I will have sent to you.
    4) Upload the search-filter-pro folder to the wp-content\plugins folder on your server.
    5) Activate Search and Filter plugin in WP Admin plugins page

Tim Stevens

I have not received any emails, inbox or junk folders. (assuming you would send the file email) I double-checked my email address associated with my search&filter account, and it is correct.

Trevor Moderator

Hi Tim

As I said, you go to your account page and download it. Here is the link for your account page:

https://www.designsandcode.com/account/

Tim Stevens

No, Trevor. You said to download the 2.2.0 file from my account area, “and then”… to unzip a file that you will have sent me (see step 3). WHAT is the file that you will have sent me? Because all I see is the latest release in my account area.

There’s no need to get cheeky with a paying customer.

Trevor Moderator

My apologies for replying at the weekend, and again for doing that now, and for copying and pasting a reply that I had made to a different customer in my haste to offer you a solution.

Are you saying that you cannot see v2.2.0 in your account area, or that it will not download? You are correct, I did not send it to you by email, as I do not have an email address to send it to.

Tim Stevens

I see v2.2.0 in my account area, and I have downloaded it. If that’s the only file that I need, then I can move on with the manual install. I was confused because it sounded like I was looking for 2 different files, v2.2.0 in my account + another file that you would send. But sounds like that’s not actually the case, and v2.2.0 is all I need.

Thanks for the prompt replies. Enjoy your weekend and get some rest.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.