Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Facets not working together

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Heiko Mlodystach

Hi there,

I’ve just purchased Search & Filter Pro and I can’t figure out how to make the selected choices work together.

For example:

I have two fields one for “Make” and one for “Color”. When I select “Porsche” as make and there are no blue Porsches availabe, the “Color” facet shouldn’t show “blue” as an option.

But it does!

Similar thing vice versa:

When I select “blue” first, the make-facet keeps showing “Porsche” as an option, although there are no blue Porsches in the database.

I mean, that’s the whole purpose of faceted search. Combining filters to drill down search results.

So, how can I fix this?

Cheers
    Heiko

Ross Moderator

Hi Heiko

If you take a look at the product description, the demo or watch the video you will surely realise that this functionality does not exist.

I will be adding this to S&F 2.0, which is due for release very soon.

Thanks

Heiko Mlodystach

Well, sorry, but that renders your product totally unusable to me. I thought this is what faceted search is all about. 🙁

May I ask about a refund? I can’t wait for the new version to be released.

Best
    Heiko

Ross Moderator

Hey Heiko

The product is not advertised as faceted search and no where does it mention it can do what you wanted – we do not offer refunds to customers who purchase the product and want it to do something it does not – and has never been advertised to do.

Please read our refund policy which you agreed to on checkout before purchasing S&F:

If you have problems getting plugins to work, we will be happy to provide a full refund within 30 days of the original purchase. After 30 days, no refunds will be given. Before a refund will be granted, you must allow us to try and help solve any problem you have by opening a support ticket. NOTE: refunds will not be granted if you simply decide not to use the purchased products. We stand behind our products and will assist you in solving any problem you have, but we also expect you to adequately understand what you are purchasing and why.

I will have S&F with this functionality ready for beta testing in the next 2 days – if you like I can send this to you.

Thanks

Kostas

I would like to have beta version!

Heiko Mlodystach

Well, enjoy your 20 bucks then! Luckily there are competent alternatives around.

Don’t expect any recommendations from my side though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Facets not working together’ is closed to new replies.