Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Exclude IDs not working in WooCommerce results

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Gareth Lockett

I have a S&F WooCommerce search form and have excluded certain product categories. This removes them from the filtering but the product category thumbnails still show for 2 of the excluded categories.

I have tried to exclude them in the with the Advanced settings for the Taxonomy and also in the Tags, Categories & Taxonomies tab (globally). Neither removes the two category thumbnails.

Gareth Lockett
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator
    Gareth Lockett
    Trevor Moderator

I think I see. When you do an actual search, these do not show, just on the shop ‘Categories’ page?

Gareth Lockett

Yep, that’s correct. This is hosted on WP Engine by the way which has its own caching but I’ve emptied the cache over and over.

Trevor Moderator

Hi

The actual display of the category tiles is a separate query from ours, so our filter does not affect it. I excluded the categories from the search, so that works, but you will need to find a hook in WooCommerce to exclude the categories from that category grid. Something like this maybe:

https://www.engagewp.com/remove-categories-woocommerce-product-category-widget/

Gareth Lockett

Okay, got it. Didn’t realise S&F wasn’t doing the query at that stage.

For anyone else looking for this, this is what worked in the end.

/**
     * Hide Categories from WooCommerce Shop Page
     */

add_filter( 'woocommerce_product_subcategories_args', 'custom_woocommerce_product_subcategories_args' );				

function custom_woocommerce_product_subcategories_args( $args ) {		  
    	$args['exclude'] = array('139','140', '132', '331', '330'); // Insert the product category IDs you wish to exclude	  
    	return $args;		
    }

Based on this: https://mikejolley.com/2018/02/07/woocommerce-3-3-hide-uncategorized-category-from-the-shop-page-on-the-frontend/

Trevor Moderator

Thanks for sharing. I will mark this thread as closed for now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Exclude IDs not working in WooCommerce results’ is closed to new replies.