Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Error massage when setting a date field filter

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rob Ruifrok

I’m trying to setup a Date filter using an acf date field.
    This results in the following error massage:

NOTICE: C:\xampp\htdocs\fysiocursus\wp-content\plugins\search-filter-pro\public\includes\class-search-filter-cache.php:995 – Undefined variable: term_name
    require(‘C:\xampp\htdocs\fysiocursus\wp-blog-header.php’), require_once(‘C:\xampp\htdocs\fysiocursus\wp-includes\template-loader.php’), include(‘C:\xampp\htdocs\fysiocursus\wp-content\themes\fysiocursus\two-sidebar-page.php’), dynamic_sidebar, WP_Widget->display_callback, Search_Filter_Register_Widget->widget, do_shortcode, preg_replace_callback, do_shortcode_tag, Search_Filter_Display_Shortcode->display_shortcode, Search_Filter_Query->prep_query, Search_Filter_Cache->filter_query_args, Search_Filter_Cache->set_filter_term_ids_cached

the filter doesn’t function

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rob Ruifrok

Thank you for offering your help.

Meanwhile I did setup everything as I wanted.
    Not seeing any results was probably due to me, making some error using the plugin for the first time.

Regarding the error message. I can reproduce this on my local site with WP_DEBUG set to true.

Search form is in a widget.
    Add a post_meta field.
    Use Date on a acf-date field(Date Input Format set to YYYYMMDD).
    Set input type to Date.

Result:Error message in the widget(posts do show on the page, filter is functioning)

When setting the input type to Date Range (which is what I wanted in the end) the error message disappears.

Trevor Moderator

Clearly, on a production site, both WP_DEBUG should be OFF, and the PHP variable display_errors should also be OFF (other settings would be used to send errors to log files, if required). I totally understand that you may want these on to check what is going on when developing, and I am sure you switch them off anyway.

It appears that you have sorted this already, so can I ask if this is now resolved?

Rob Ruifrok

For me it’s resolved.
    It’s up to you if you can live with a php notice generated as described.

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ross Moderator

Hi Rob

This is now resolved in 2.4.0 (just released) – so you can change that setting back if you so wish.

Best

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Error massage when setting a date field filter’ is closed to new replies.