Support Forums

Hey there, it looks like you've been redirected from designsandcode.com - as you can see we have a new home - read more

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Do you support showing “Active Filters”?

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Christopher Neuman

June 2021 v3 was expected but I think it’s probably not coming out anytime soon?

Rudi

@Ross my friend, it has been years now, two almost.
    Where are the updates about V3?
    Please inform us. I have a license which just expired and want to know if I have to buy a new one or try some other options which do have Active Filters and Plugin (for CSS) for example.

Please don’t let us wait too long.

Ross Moderator

Hi Chistopher, Rudi + all

I feel like I need to provide a bit of an explanation on what’s going on with v3.

As you realise, v3 estimations have just kept extending and extending.

I understand the wait and frustration with this – we completely share some of those frustrations (it’s been a long road), but we couldn’t be more enthusiastic about what we’re going to release!

The main issue from our side is the scope has kept growing. After year 1, we had a rough prototype ready, that did a bunch of cool things with a new architcture – but then along came Gutenberg (well, more like we decided to wake up to the fact it had arrived).

While we’re not pivoting to be a Gutenberg only plugin (though we will have a full native integration with the block editor), the arrival and advancement of Gutenebrg has also brought everyones standards and expectations forward – and our users (rightly so) demand more these days – more WYSIWYG editing capabilites and a better admin UI.

So we pivoted again, rebuilt pretty much ground up (again), and have settled on an infrastructure we’re really happy with – one that’s going to support us for years to come.

If I’m being completely transparent, in this time we have also had to stop and learn React (the programming library wp-admin will be using from now and into the future). To learn something is one thing, but to learn it well enough to release in a plugin used by tens of thousands of users requires a significant amount of time – we’ve taken extra time to work through all this properly.

All in all there have been a fair few significant delays, but ones which we feel have been necessary – and now we have a working product which we’re now playing with (testing) and finishing off (this is v3 free)…
    Then the pro version will be some months behind – a good bunch of functionality for that has already been written.

In about a month, I’ll be doing another write up, explaining in detail our final roadmap, and sharing the v3 free plugin for everyone test and play with.

I don’t want to commit to anything more solid that that right now, but we are closer than we have ever been.

Thanks for the continued support and interest in Search & Filter, me and the team are grateful!

Back to work we go 🔨

PS, some links that may be of interest:

We have a v3 mailing list (just setup) which we’ll use to send out info on progress
    We will be also be using twitter to keep everyone updated
    I’m adding some development previews to my personal youtube account

Rudi

@ross can you please update us? Give us a timeline please.

woodyp

Hello,
    yes thanks we look forward.

Ross Moderator

Working on it – I’m hoping to do an update by the end of this week, latest next week.

Thanks

Rudi

@ross I am sorry, but we are another small month further, no updates.

Can you please stick to the promises and update us on real deadlines?

I have a need for your new software and have used your plugin with a lot of joy always, but I like to have security of the new plugin/updates.

Ross Moderator

Hi Rudi + all

Right now we have v3 free in general testing (since september) – https://twitter.com/SearchAndFilter/status/1570142919247679488.

If you sign up to the mailing list in my previous message, it’ll take about a week (for new subscribers) and we’ll send a copy out – however I’m assuming you’ll be waiting for the pro version (but you can see some of the new design tools we’re adding to get an idea of whats coming).

Re v3 pro – we are aiming for February 2023. This is not a hard date, but we’ll know more by the end of this year and should be able to give a more accurate timeline – I will try to update this thread around then also.

Re v2 – while we are not adding features to it – we are still maintaining it – that includes bug fixes and security updates.

I think its better if I don’t give hard dates in future as I’m usually far too optimistic with our estimations.

And apologies, I not checked these forums as often as I’d like and have let this slip amongst the busy months we’ve had with the release of v3 free.

Thanks

Rudi

Ross, thanks for the update.
    I think indeed it would be nice to check the forums and give updates here when possible.
    I am indeed waiting for the pro version, it would really benefit me.

Good luck in coding and hope you get it finished soon in feb

Ricard Jungic

Plugin is very good but styling is big problem if you dont know good CSS and waiting and waiting for V3 but I think that will give up bcz see promisse and will be in Februar but not sure than wait again and waiting cost will be nice to see some screenshot of the new V3 bcz how I read is long period that is anuncet and hmm nothing

sorry a bit dissapointed

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.