Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro DIVI theme with CPT Archive

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 30 total)
  • Alessandro Epis

Hello!
    I have the PRO version of S&F and I’d like to filter and show results in a CPT archive (as in your video).
    The theme I am using is DIVI and I saw many asking different things about it but I couldn’t find a solution.

Thanks!

Trevor Moderator

Hi Alessandro

In the past, before v2.3.0 to get S&F Pro to work with Divi, you had to use the Shortcode Display Results method to work well, and this meant the results template had to be manually edited to meet the theme needs.

However, we have a (as yet undocumented) new shortcode that should be placed just above (before) the grid section that delivers the archive. That new shortcode will link the S&F form to the archive loop query. If you are using the masonry-like grid that Divi has (it actually uses Salvattore – a jQuery Masonry alternative), I am working on the code to get that working also.

The shortcode looks like this (change 1234 for the ID number of your form):

[searchandfilter id='1234' action='filter_next_query']

and set the display method to Custom

I am working on this with another user on this thread:

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/how-do-i-stop-sf-generating-its-own-posts/

Some of the posts are marked private, but are talking only about matters not relevant to the general topic of Divi and S&F, so you can ignore them.

Alessandro Epis

Hi Trevor,
    thanks for your reply.
    I have managed to make it work without Ajax (I don’t know what’s the real difference because I am not a developer) but I’ll try also with this shortcode you made.
    One more question:
    Is it possible to change the layout of the “no results” page?
    I can send you the link where I am working to clearify if needed.
    Thanks again!

Trevor Moderator

The ‘no results’ page is normally set in the theme template. What Display Results Method are you using?

Alessandro Epis

I am using “Post Type Archive”.
    But actually I am using a plugin called “Custom Post Type Injector” which let me use a Loop Module.
    Don’t know if it is correct but it works.
    If I set “display results using Ajax” it doesn’t work. How this option can affect the website?
    Thanks

Trevor Moderator

I am not familiar with that plugin, but, if it works, then great. What about using ajax doesn’t work? The most common problem is that the Ajax container is wrong (the container where the results are on the page. I think by default it is set to #main, so check that first (or show me the page with Ajax ‘on’).

Alessandro Epis

The “no results” should mantain the layout of the page (in this case CPT Archive) as in your example.
    I’ll try to explain better 😉 in my website I will have to apply different filters to different post types so if I am in “Movies” and I don’t find results, the filters, menus, etc… Should remain the same of “movies”. If I change CPT Archive I’ll have other filters etc..

Alessandro Epis

I didn’t see the answer, this is the link with AJAX on:
    https://www.erasmuspeople.com/rooms_and_flats_rome
    thanks

Trevor Moderator

Try changing the #main setting to .et_pb_cpt_list_wrapper

Alessandro Epis

Now it works but it has some problems showing some datas (as the pictures for ex)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘DIVI theme with CPT Archive’ is closed to new replies.