Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro displaying search terms without labels

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • eli Shvrzman

hi,
    i’m using the Accessing the Search Data instructions to display the search terms in the heading.
    everything is working fine. the only problem is i can’t seem to find a way to remove the label and display only the search term alone.
    i’m using the echo $sf_current_query->get_field_string function

would really appreciate help on this issue.

thanks, eli.

Trevor Moderator

I have a feeling that you are asking a question similar to that asked in the thread that my solution in this post is found:

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/how-to-style-the-search-data/page/2/#post-43915

I appreciate that some of the posts in that thread are marked as private, but I think the gist of it all is there. The user had a search and then the actual search terms used were repeated, without labels. Where a search term had not been used, it would not appear in this.

eli Shvrzman

hi trevor, this is exactly what i needed.
    thanks’s so much!!!.
    another thing is that i’M always displaying 2 search terms and i want an & sign between tham

Trevor Moderator

You would have to echo the ampersand between them.

The code in that post was specific to that user. If you are ALWAYS displaying the same 2 you have no need to loop through the array. Instead you could call them directly.

It took me quite a while to do that code, I am sure you can modify it.

eli Shvrzman

hi Trevor,
    i have tried to call them directly as you offered but it keeps showing me either both together or non of them. would really appreciate a direction on how to get it done properly.

regards, eli.

Trevor Moderator

Whoops, posted the reply to the wrong thread 🙁

Trevor Moderator

What code did you use? Make sure that any code you post here, you put a code tag (in the editor toolbar) before AND after the code, otherwise the code will be stripped and changed by the forum posts editor 🙁

eli Shvrzman
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

OK

I have re-written that a bit and added a new line after each line output. It may not work, but it is better code:

<?php
      global $searchandfilter;
      $sf_current_query = $searchandfilter->get(2327)->current_query()->get_array();
      if (isset ($sf_current_query)) {
        foreach($sf_current_query as $key) {
          echo '<span class="results-term">' . $key['active_terms'][0]['name'] . '</span><br />';
        }
      }
    ?>
    eli Shvrzman

hi,
    i don’t think this would help me. what i need is to display each taxonomy separately (so i can control the order) and show the name of the active term for each taxonomy. this way i can add any connecting word or sign between the terms.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘displaying search terms without labels’ is closed to new replies.