Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Display filter results in to 2 Locations (blog modules on same page – DIVI them)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Christian Thorne

Hello,

To get a certain layout I need to display the filter results in to 2 blog modules (I’m using the Divi theme).

I’ve spoken with Divi and to get a certain layout, they advised to use 2 blog modules, the first one just receives one post (most recent), the second module receives the rest, but an offset function is enabled so it ignores the most recent post (which shoes up in the 1st module).

I know this works with Divi but I can’t get it to work whilst using the filter system,, so I thought I would check with you guys first?

Thanks,
    Christian

Trevor Moderator

It might be possible to get it working, but not in the standard way. Have you built the page, with the search form on? Did you use our Divi addon (I suspect that using that addon, it will not work, but I have an alternative method that might)?

Christian Thorne
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

It might need for the filter_next_query action to appear before EACH grid. I assume that code is above the first grid (and does that work OK?), so try adding just the action shortcode before the second grid.

Christian Thorne

Okay thanks, I’ll try that…

Because the first grid only needs to show one, how do I set that up.

And on the second grid that shows the rest, is there a way to offset the feed by 1, so that it skips the most recent (which will be shown in the first grid)?

Trevor Moderator
    Christian Thorne

Yeah sorry, it’s a bit long winded but if it’s possible it would help the layout issue.

Thanks.

Christian Thorne

Hi Trevor, I was wondering if you’ve heard anything back from Ross, to see if it’s possible to display into 2 modules, the first one displaying one result and the second the rest, but off setting the most recent post?

Thanks.

Trevor Moderator
    Christian Thorne

Okay, thanks for letting me know.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.