Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Default search option

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Brookstone Creative

Hello,
    At the moment when you come onto the search & filter page it lists all the searchable options. However is it possible to select a category from the filter to be default when first landing on the page instead.

For example I can filter by language. Is it possible to select one of those languages to be displayed as default when you first land on the page.

Hope you understand my question.

Thanks

Trevor Moderator

I do understand, but this is not currently possible unless the term you want selected is the same as the taxonomy archive term page you are on, when it can be auto detected. But it cannot be set. It is something we plan to add for V3, I believe.

Brookstone Creative

Thanks for your quick response. Do you have a date of when V3 update maybe released?
    and would this for example allow be to select a language within a taxonomy.

Thanks

Trevor Moderator

I do not have a precise timescale. Months (I hope no longer) is all I can say. I would need some more detail about what you mean when you say ‘select a language within a taxonomy’

Brookstone Creative

Basically I have created a taxonomy of ‘Language’ then added the languages within that so they can be selected in the filter.
    Would selecting one of these as a default be possible in V3?

Thanks

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Brookstone Creative

Thanks for your help look forward to Version3 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Default search option’ is closed to new replies.