Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Default search

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Keith Barrett

Hey
    Is it possible when the page loads to show the results of one tag instead of showing the results of all the tags?

An example being I have three tags and all of theme are populated with items
    Tag1 – Most Popular
    Tag2 – Shoes
    Tag3 – Belts

I would like the page to load only showing “Tag1 – Most Popular” and then the user to have the option of selection Tag2 or tag3

Surely there is , i must be missing something small?
    Thanks
    Keith

Ross Moderator

Hey Keith

Unfortunately this is not yet an option within S&F – but there are a couple of hacky workarounds.

1) Enable “Bookmarkable URLs” – then go to you search form, click “most popular” and you will notice the URL change. Use this URL for linking to your search page.

2) Use the filter sf_edit_query_args (this is a lot more complex) – http://www.designsandcode.com/documentation/search-filter-pro/2-0-upgrade-notes/#No_more_pre_get_posts

Then you would have to detect whether a search has been performed (ie any options in the form selected) – if not you would use the above filter to by tag 1 – and then using JS you would also have to set the filter – its pretty messy but I guess possible.

Thanks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.