Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Date search by year

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Leo Joskowicz

I would like to filter posts by year. Meaning, I would like to show a dropdown menu with an entry for each year, preferably with an autocount for posts in that year. Something like:

2015 (10)
    2014 (3)
    2013 (2)

etc
    Is this possible?

Ross Moderator

Hey Leo

This is not possible using the post published value in a post.

However you could easily create a taxonomy or custom field to store this data for each post, and then you would be able to use the taxonomy or post meta input types, which allow for the dropdown and count values.

Check here for more info:

http://www.designsandcode.com/documentation/search-filter-pro/getting-started/adding-new-fields/#Creating_More_Fields

Thanks

Leo Joskowicz

The issue with creating a taxonomy or custom field would manually populating it an addition to setting the post date…

Thanks anyway.

Ross Moderator

Thats true, or you could use a WP filter, so that whenever a post is saved the post it automatically added to the correct taxonomy/set to the correct post meta value – I do this on a few projects.

Thanks

Stephen Tapp

I’d like to request a new feature similar to what Leo described: A dropdown list of years (and months). Or at least have the SF plugin support the native WP archives widget.

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.