Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Customize Filter Inputs Layout

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Chris Tiemann

Hello,

wen need to “tweak” the layout of the Filter Section above the results. The results are properly formatted in /templates/results.php, but how to change the HTML for the filter section?

Is there a way to customize this layout without losing changes after update?

Thank you very much.

Trevor Moderator

This is the guide to making ‘safe’ changes to our results.php template:

https://searchandfilter.com/documentation/search-results/using-a-shortcode/#customising-the-results

Do you need to style the form itself? If you share with me a live link/URL to your search page so I can take a look, I might be able to give you some custom CSS, but you would need to show me, with one or more annotated screenshot(s), the design change(s) you want? If you can do that, you would need to upload the screenshot image(s) to a file sharing site (like the WordPress Cloudup site, Google Drive, Weshare, Dropbox etc.) and share the link with me?

Chris Tiemann

Hello yes we need to customize the form layout. As we use UIKit I need to wrap the search form in a additional Container and also I want to add UIKit Classes to the inputs.
    The inputs are not that important…but I really need to put the Filter Form in another div.

Chris Tiemann

Of course I know the documentation and made safe changes to results.php before 🙂

Trevor Moderator

So, you want something like this:

<div class="yourUIKitClass">
      <form class="searchandfilter">
        form contents
      </form>
    </div>

If so, how are you placing our form on the page? Does your theme allow you to add that extra div?

Chris Tiemann

Thank you very much

Trevor Moderator

Did that resolve it for you?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.