Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Custom template help in showing results

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 176 total)
  • Trevor Moderator

This test means that somehow your theme is fetching the query in a non standard way, or a plugin is interfering/modifying the query. Using the Shortcode method uses the standard WP Query, whereas your theme does not. I recall you saying that this is your own coded theme? Do you recall which file calls the query, as described in the Codex:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_Query

Hofit Dick
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

So, if you change the form to As an Archive and set the product archives template as the template to use, does that work? (leaving the results URL empty, with just the sf id in?)

Hofit Dick

yes it works

maybe the problem is that when I use it on archive / category pages the form already gets a parameter of the current category as the defualt selected option and that causes some issues?

Trevor Moderator

Maybe. Is this issue in a position you can take it from here?

Hofit Dick
    Trevor Moderator

Some things cannot be. You cannot have three forms set to Post Type Archive. This cannot be worked around. Given that your theme is custom coded, this makes it hard for me to dig into your code to suggest how to integrate the form to the theme to get the correct results. We do not accept paid coding work, you would need to source this from a site like codeable.io

I suggested that the As an Archive method would be best, and I think you said it worked, but was there an issue? I now see the form is back to Post Type Archive, and not working.

Hofit Dick
    Trevor Moderator

The as an archive method will work with one form on many pages. It is necessary to have Ajax enabled and set the Only use Ajax on the results page setting to OFF (in the Ajax settings).

The pages also need to use the same template file.

Hofit Dick

but those are not wordpress regular pages, those are category and taxonomies pages

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 176 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.