Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Custom template help in showing results

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 176 total)
  • Trevor Moderator

Hi again.

I am sorry to say that there is a limit on what help I can provide as support, but I will try to help where I can.

In your first post you said:

I have my own custom theme with custom queries.

The custom query might look like the ones in this Codex page:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_Query

Scroll down to the sub title Simple Taxonomy Query.

You see how, in those various examples, they pass arguments to the query, in elements like this:

'relation' => 'AND',

In order to attach our filter to that query, you can add an extra argument at the end, like this:

'search_filter_id' => 123,

Where 123 is the ID number of the search form.

Hofit Dick
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator
    Hofit Dick
    Trevor Moderator

OK

Quite a bit to digest there. I will take this one point at a time.

1. The search form has four fields. Is it one of these or all four that this happens on? I tried with the rightmost field, the core Category field, and I do not see any console errors relating to our plugin. Having said that, I am not sure if the results returned are correct either. So, which browsers/devices (Windows/Mac), and maybe you could suggest specific searches that show this issue?

Hofit Dick
    Trevor Moderator
    Hofit Dick

Hi
    I don’t see any changes both on Chrome and Firefox and I still get 404 error on Chrome.
    Do you use some user Agent on your AJAX request? I know my hosting provider is blocking some user agents, is it possible this is the case here?

You can install the new version and proceed with debugging.

Thanks

Trevor Moderator

The change I thought I had seen, I do not see. I have tried to get Search & Filter Pro working with your theme (which means using either As an Archive OR Post Type Archive) but neither will work, AND you cannot have more than one form using Post Type Archive. It causes all manner of problems.

As the theme is a custom built theme, we need to come at this from another approach, and use the Using a Shortcode display results method, as described here.

At first try it on a new page with the two required shortcodes just to see if it works. The follow the customisation guide in that article and edit the results.php file to output your grid instead. And work our way forwards.

Hofit Dick
Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 176 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.