Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Custom Fields in Display Results using shrotcode

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Philip Macaulay

Hi Just bought this and it’s fantastic. However I was really hoping that I would be able to show some specific custom fields in the search results (I want to keep the search results on a specific page using the shortcode method) – I’m using ACF – is this possible, I can’t seem to find any specific reference for this.

If not I would like to at least show the CPT’s taxonomies in the search result – I’m using CPT UI for the CPTs. At the moment the display result is showing the standard wordpress category for the CPT but NOT the Taxonomies created using CPTUI in the display result? I’m also using Genesis.

Here’s a link to my search form: http://thomecomsg.temp-dns.com/vacancies-onboard/

Thanks

Phil

Ross Moderator

Hi Phil

Do you mean showing the search data?

Then you might be looking for this:

http://www.designsandcode.com/documentation/search-filter-pro/accessing-search-data/

Thanks

Philip Macaulay

Hi Ross

Thanks for getting back to me. Actually I probably didn’t explain myself very well. All I wanted to do was return the results of some simple custom fields in the search results, which I have managed to do in my own clumsy hacking way, by using the get_field for ACF, which works great for me. But I’m having a strange issue with the search results, the post date, which I think is a standard result you would expect to see from your standard results.php template and which I have left in my ‘updated’ version is not automatically showing up – it’s really strange. If I set the CPT published date to something random like two weeks previous it shows in the results, but if I just create a new CPT it just doesn’t show up at all.

I wonder if you have come across this issue before – I realise I should really start a new thread, and I will if there’s not a straight forward answer.

Anyway this is my code for returning the Custom Fields with the post_date towards the end:

while ($query->have_posts())
    {
    $query->the_post();

?>
    <div class=”searchresult”>

<h2>“><?php the_title(); ?></h2>
    <?php $field = get_field(“location”, $post_id, $format_value);
    $value = get_field( “company” );

if( $value ) {

echo ‘<div class=”resultcompany”>’;
    echo ‘<h4 class=”resulttitle”>’ . “company” . ‘: </h3>’;
    echo ‘<h4 class=”resultvalue”> ‘ . $value . ‘</h3>’;
    echo ‘</div>’;
    }

$field = get_field(“deadline”, $post_id, $format_value);
    $value = get_field( “location” );

if( $value ) {

echo ‘<div class=”resultlocation”>’;
    echo ‘<h4 class=”resulttitle”>’ . “location” . ‘: </h3>’;
    echo ‘</div>’;
    }

$field = get_field(“deadline”, $post_id, $format_value);
    $value = get_field( “deadline” );

if( $value ) {

echo ‘<div class=”resultdeadline”>’;
    echo ‘<h4 class=”resulttitle”>’ . “deadline” . ‘: </h3>’;
    echo ‘</div>’;
    }
    ?>

<p class=”resultpostdate”>Vacancy Posted: <?php the_date(); ?></p>

</div>

<?php
    }
    ?>

Thanks in advance Ross!

Ross Moderator

Hey Philip

Sorry for the delay on this.

Did you manage to get it resolved?

It is quite an odd bug, because the default results.php file includes the_date() by default, and I’m sure someone else would have mentioned it by now.

I just took a look at your link above, and I do see a date formatted 28/10/2015 but not sure if this is the same date we function we’re talking about.

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.