Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • david jolly

Hello,

SFP loads 2 css files (chosen.min.css and search-filter.css) on all pages. Is it possible to load them only when the plugin is called ?

It breaks the CSS of my site, which uses tabs.

Best regards.

Ross Moderator

Hey David, you should be able to do this from your functions.php… let me have a think about it and I’ll try to get some code together – the problem with the CSS in general is that the plugin has no idea which pages the S&F form will appear on so it must be included – but I think if you know which pages yourself I can get some code to enable/disable CSS for certain pages 🙂

Thanks

Ross Moderator

Also, why does it break your tabs? All Search & Filter css is prefixed like .searchandfilter so there should be no conflict, or is this to do with the chozen css?

Thanks

david jolly

Hello,

It’s possible in functions.php but it seems there’s no handle when you enqueued your styles and scripts :

wp_enqueue_style( $this->plugin_slug . '-chosen-styles', plugins_url( 'assets/css/chosen.min.css', __FILE__ ), array(), self::VERSION );
    		wp_enqueue_style( $this->plugin_slug . '-plugin-styles', plugins_url( 'assets/css/search-filter.css', __FILE__ ), array($this->plugin_slug . '-chosen-styles'), self::VERSION );

Regards

david jolly

I don’t know why there are some conflicts but my tabs and the content is affected…

Regards.

Maarten Kleyne

I’d like to reply on what you said there Ross; having an option to disable the entire CSS file from being loaded would be truly helpful! That way it’s up to the developer/designer to style the whole thing. Which, in my opinion, would be best.

Having the ability to enqueue the stylesheet and script files on ID-base (or whatever other method) would allow people to only load it on the pages they want. I guess this offers the most functionality. Plus it keeps PageSpeed in mind and all that. This way they can load it only when necessary. And I can stop the CSS from loading completely.

Maybe something like this for the config or functions file?

define('WPCF7_LOAD_JS', false);
    define('WPCF7_LOAD_CSS', false);

(Example taken from the contact 7 form plug-in way to enqueue.)

Ross Moderator

Hey Maarten, I’ll look in to Contact form 7 and see how they do it, might be the best way – always a good idea to see how the best plugins are doing it already 😉

Ross Moderator

Hopefully looking at doing this this weekend, but there are some essential bug fixes to do first :/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.