Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Conflict on features with The Events Calendar plugin

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • netdesign and.ppc@gmail.com

Hi,

I have some features blocked on The Events Calendar (date picker and filters) when I activate Search & Filter Pro plugin. I have no js error and can’t identify where the conflict is.

The website where I get the issue is : http://wordpress-60325.ami.beta-nd.com/formations/
    The datepicker on month, filters on the left and the search bar shouldn’t be block.

There is no override functions for both of those plugins and doing the same test on a basic theme is not resolving the problem.

Have you ever had this issue already ?

Best regards

netdesign and.ppc@gmail.com

The only fix I found for the moment is to unqueue your js script on this page by using wp_dequeue_script(‘register_scripts’);

netdesign and.ppc@gmail.com

Both plugins seems to use a different datepicker so it makes a conflict.
    Deregister the jquery-ui-datepicker enqueued by Search & filter pro on this page fix the issue but I think you could investigate to fix this issue.
    As I’m not using both plugin on this page I simply did wp_deregister_script(‘jquery-ui-datepicker’) on this specific page.

Trevor Moderator

I will refer this issue to the plugin developer, Ross, for his attention. For now you are OK?

Nathalie Hintermeir

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue but I am not a developer and I don’t understand how to prevent the conflict. Could you be so nice and explain to me how to implement this workaround?
    Like you I am not using both plugins on the same page.
    I already have a child theme with a functions.php file.
    Thanks very much!

Ross Moderator

Hi Nathalie

The above solution works if you are not using both on the same page – I can help clarify how to set that up.

Are you using Search & Filter date pickers on the same page as Events Calendar date pickers?

Thanks

Nathalie Hintermeir

Hi Ross,

thanks for your quick reply.
    I am not using Search and Filter pro on the same page and I don’t use your date picker at all (on any page), so I suppose that it could work for me.

For the future: If preventig the conflict is complicated for the developers, it would be great if there were an option to deactivate your date picker on the whole website. I am using Search and filter pro on a few websites but until now I didn’t need a date filter.

Regards.

Ross Moderator

Hi Nathalie

You should be able to remove it by adding this line to functions.php of your child theme:

function remove_date_picker(){
        // remove the date picker 
        wp_dequeue_script( 'jquery-ui-datepicker' );
    } 
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'remove_date_picker', 11 );

To be honest, this is probably the second time this has come up – but I will look at optionally loading the datepicker.

Thanks

Nathalie Hintermeir

Thanks a lot, it works perfectly!

I suppose you are right, it won’t come up very often. You may have some more important issues…

Have a nice day!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.