Support Forums

Support Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Caught another bug in your plugin. Auto submit does not work w/ two date range

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  James Murphy 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)
  • James Murphy

Found another bug unfortunately. Your auto-submit feature does not work when there is more than one date range option. Example…in my form I have post_meta date range range option for show_date and a post_meta date range option for on_sale_date. If user completes the “from” and “to” fields in only show date OR only on sale date, it will not auto submit. In order for auto submit to work for either on sale date or show date, one other field has to be completed…so for example, if I choose a date range for show date, I then must either choose a date range for on sale date OR fill out the “search” part of the form as well. The “search” part of the form will still auto submit if its the only thing filled in…but again, no auto submit unless one of the date range options AND other option is completed by the user.

Please advise on the fix for this.

thanks

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    James Murphy
    Trevor Moderator

I have come back to this one. Where you have any range field (number or date), the ranges are not affected by Auto Count. This is intentional. Read more about this here:

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/custom-max-price-for-price-slider/#post-77119

James Murphy
    James Murphy
    Trevor Moderator

What you are saying is that if you have a date range, Auto Submit does not work when the first field is selected, and only submits after both fields are selected. If that is the question, that is correct and is intended.

You could use javascript on document load to autofill one of the fields when the page opens. For example, the TO date, with a date far in the future, so that selecting the From field will effectively give you ‘from this date onwards’.

James Murphy
    Trevor Moderator

Hi James. As promised, on my test site I set up the form with two date range fields, and Auto Submit works fine. See here:

https://sandfdev.cdnwebservices.net/shop/

There are 5 posts. In the first date field they have sequential dates from 1 Feb 2019 to 5 Feb 2019, and in the second date field they have sequential dates from 1 Mar 2019 to 5 March 2019.

James Murphy

Hey Trevor – its actually not working fine on your test site either. If you notice you are having the same problem I am having. It does not auto-submit unless BOTH of the sets of ranges are completed. In other words, you have to pick dates for “First Date” and “Second Date” for auto-submit to activate. My goal is for auto-submit to activate even if you just completed ONE of the sets of date fields, ex. you only choose a start and end date for “First Date”. Please use the form you put up on your test site and you will see exactly what I mean.

Do you think a bug fix can be put in for this issue?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Caught another bug in your plugin. Auto submit does not work w/ two date range’ is closed to new replies.