Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Categories under sub-categories

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Lars Ole Bolneset

Hi.
    I want to have my sub-categories to be under my categories.
    When i first enter the page, i only want the categories to show up, but if i click a category i want the sub-categories for that category to show up under the main category. Is there any way i can do this?

Just like on this website: http://m.finn.no/bap/forsale/search.html?search_type=SEARCH_ID_BAP_ALL&filters=

If you click on a category under where it says “Kategori” (It’s Norwegian) the sub-categories for that category will popup.

Trevor Moderator

Not really, no. Please read this post (NOT the whole thread, just the post):

https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/multiple-categories-combination/#post-55166

Lars Ole Bolneset

So there’s no way to clean up the categories? I have a lot of categories. To have sub-categories under main-categories is a feature that should defenitly be in a filter plugin imo, especially when you pay for the plugin.

Trevor Moderator

What you describe is custom javascript territory. It can be done, and I think others have posted their code here before. I am not saying that it can’t be done, but not as a plugin feature, as there is no generic solution. If you look at the code on the dropdown for that site in the code inspector for your browser, you will see that they have written custom javascript and attached it to the form control. Great if you are a coder, not so great otherwise.

There are plenty of suggested solutions to do this type of thing on stackexchange, but they need customizing. This is why we built the plugin to do this type of behavior but in a non-programmtic way, to make it easier, in general, to implement.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.