Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Can not set Custom Template to Display results

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Chris Tsagarakis

Hi Ross,
    I have an issue with the custom template to display results.
    I want to use the shop archive “view” which is loaded from archive.php in my theme’s file (I use Avada theme).
    Whatever i set to the option of custom template to display results it displays results using index.php from my theme’s file.
    Any thoughts of how i could solve that one???

Ross Moderator

Hey Chris, I would absolutely recommend that you follow the new setup instructions here :

http://www.designsandcode.com/wordpress-plugins/search-filter-pro/docs/#docs-new-ajax

There have been many issues with theme compatibility, and hooking in to results and templates – so this new way of setting up should work around that…

You have to copy over some template files which means you get complete customisation of the results – and it means the plugin can get around different theme compatibility issues – I would copy the html from archive.php in to the search and filter results template as described above 🙂

Ross Moderator

Hey Chris, I would absolutely recommend that you follow the new setup instructions here :

http://www.designsandcode.com/wordpress-plugins/search-filter-pro/docs/#docs-new-ajax

There have been many issues with theme compatibility, and hooking in to results and templates – so this new way of setting up should work around that…

You have to copy over some template files which means you get complete customisation of the results – and it means the plugin can get around different theme compatibility issues – I would copy the html from archive.php in to the search and filter results template as described above 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.