Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Buttons Missing from GUI In PRO

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)
  • mrb999

Am using WordPress 4.0 with Pro version. Not all the GUI is showing. I am missing the Settings Panel for example. There may be other things, I can’t tell, not having used the plug-in before. I have checked the settings option box in Screen Options, but it is still not showing. I did initially load the non-pro version, but have now unloaded it. Still not showing.

Any thoughts?

Ross Moderator

Hey mrb999 – are you referring to the settings panel from the docs?

This, and the ajax panel have now been removed and there is only one panel covering both – I didn’t get a chance to update the docs before I went away but I should be able to fix all this at the weekend.

Thanks
    Ross

mrb999

I think that is what I am referring to. There are also some references in the panel to settings etc. The only panels I can see are:

– Search Form UI
    – Available Fields
    – Beta

Is that what you would expect?

there is also no SAVE or UPDATE button and the changes I make don’t appear to SAVE – I wondered if they were auto saving, but it appears not. When I return to the Search Form, they are not there.

Thx.

Ross Moderator

Hey mrb999

This does not sound right, there is one more panel with a lot of settings in it now, which replaces the other two from the screenshots in the documentation….

To be honest I have not had any other users report this issue – but, as S&F Pro is using a custom post type – then it is likely another plugin may be interferring – I would recommend to try to disable other plugins and see if this works…

There was another plugin (I forget the name now but can research when I get back) – somethign like custom post type switcher which was causing issues.

Let me know anyway.

Thanks

mrb999

OK. I do have a number of plugins, although not that one. I’ll have a play and see what happens. Thx for the pointer.

mrb999

ok. I have deactivated all plugins and then activated SFPRO on its own. I also uninstalled SFPRO and reinstalled. This did not change the limited panel view.

I notice that uninstalling keeps the data so I did not need to re-activate on reinstall. So uninstalling is not a clean uninstall.

Ross Moderator

Hey there, that is strange, can you try a clean install locally possibly? Or with a different theme?

There is definitely something interfering with the plugin – we need to figure out what!

Thanks

mrb999

Hi Ross.

I won’t be able to do a local install, but I’ll have a play around with a few things over the next few days. I tried swapping out the theme. Still no joy. The settings check box is shown under screen options as unchecked. Checking it still does not display the panel as I would hope.

Not had much time though to throw much at resolving it yet. Do you think PHP version could have an impact? The site is running 5.3.28 … I could change that quite easily.

Mr.B

mrb999

This is a bit of a long shot, but when I originally installed it and first used it, I was traveling and so used a mobile with the mobile version of WordPress (not the App). Mobiles are not very good at drag and drop! When I first saw the UI, I don’t know if all panels were showing. But it has bothered me that I believe I saw a longer panel list which then suddenly shortened. NOTE, that I am not entirely sure what I saw as this was the first time I’d used it and I didn’t know what I should be seeing. Is it possible to accidentally drag the settings panel into a permanent “hidden” condition?

mrb999

I changed PHP version. No luck. Looking though the code and files that came with the plugin, I can’t find this scriptin the installation. Do I need it?

/assets/js/admin-widgets.js

Mr.B

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.