Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Breaking the form into multiple fieldsets

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Gordon McAlpin

I’m a little disappointed at how limited my layout options are with Search and Filter Pro.

I need to be able to take the form that Search and Filter Pro exports and break it apart into a couple of separate fieldsets on the same page, but when I do that, it breaks the form.

I need a main search form in one div and then an “advanced options” form in a second div that can be hidden or shown. (I can’t just absolutely position one group of search items over the main search div, because I need to be able to animate the advanced options div.)

Ross Moderator

Hey Gordon

Yeah the Search Form is all self contained within one unordered list – I’m looking at ways breaking apart the search form and using elements in different places (possibly using shortcodes) but haven’t finalised how I’m going to tackle that problem yet.

Thanks

Gordon McAlpin

Shortcodes sounds like a good solution for the form wrappers.

Being able to declare an existing form ID when making a “new” form (in a dropdown?) could make those forms export as fieldsets (perhaps “form ID_a”, “form ID_b”) instead of as a compete form.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.