Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Avada Theme, S&F Pro and post categories/tags (0)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Kara Shapiro

Hi there! I’ve used S&F Pro successfully in the past until I now have a theme (NOT programmed by myself) that I’m having all sorts of issues with and cannot figure it out. Hoping that maybe you’re expertise can have a fresh set of eyes. I boasted the S&F Pro to the client because their current search and filter (hand/hard coded, again, not by me) is not working. They bought the plugin, I installed it and I’ve been pulling my hair out for the last 2 hours.

They have a post type called Resources (I believe this is simply renamed and is actually Posts relabeled). They have a category called Research Topics and another “category” but is really setup as tags Research Type. When I select post type “Resources” and create my form with categories and types (dropdown) and I don’t select “Enable Auto Count”, on the frontend of the site, it shows how many posts are located in that category. When I “Enable Auto Count”, they all show 0. Which matches my results, zero. I’ve tried shortcode, as an archive, custom…I cannot get any of the posts to load. This is NOT S&F Pro, this is the Avada customized theme but I cannot for the life of me figure this out. If there’s anyway you could take a look, it would be so much appreciated.

I’m happy to send the dev site credentials. This is on a multidev instance on a Pantheon server. So if we blow up the site, it doesn’t matter 😉 This is on a client site, they purchased their own license but this is my personal S&F Pro account because I wanted to do this outside of their account.

thank you!

Kara Shapiro

I also tried copying over the Avada search.php and renamed it search-filter.php and listed it in the “as an archive” settings.

Kara Shapiro
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

Avada does not use standard WordPress type templates, but instead it is a coded framework. As such, we have found it very difficult to integrate our plugin with their standard archive pages.

I would suggest that you use this integration method when using the Avada theme:

https://searchandfilter.com/documentation/3rd-party/post-grid/

Kara Shapiro
    Trevor Moderator

When you say cleared the cache, did you click the Rebuild Cache button inside the form design in admin?

Kara Shapiro
    Kara Shapiro

Thank you for your super fast responses! I really appreciate it. For anyone out there having issues too. The website I was working on is using Avada theme. Trevor’s advice for using the 3rd party plugin worked great. I was having an issue with that theme as well as the host. I had a warning in the admin that said: Search & Filter Error: The caching tables are missing

I added those two tables by following this post: https://support.searchandfilter.com/forums/topic/problem-with-caching-tables/page/2/ (it’s loading on page 2). I am using a multisite so I just added that table to both sites (wp_search_filter_term_results, wp_2_search_filter_term_results, wp_search_filter_cache, wp_2_search_filter_cache) You can tell which is which by loading the options table and seeing which site belongs to wp_2 and wp (some might have a different number).

Once everything was installed with: https://searchandfilter.com/documentation/3rd-party/post-grid/ and I added the tables I needed to go back and REBUILD THE CACHE for the form (I still wasn’t getting results until I did the rebuild cache..thanks Trevor!).

Now things are loading! Huge thank you for the awesome support.

Trevor Moderator

LOL. You can drop a beer in the post ….

I will close this thread for now. Have a good day.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Avada Theme, S&F Pro and post categories/tags (0)’ is closed to new replies.