Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Auto-Complete Multi-Select ComboBox Inconsistent or No Results

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • A Name Already In Use

I’m getting inconsistent results in the autocomplete results for my “What Locations” combobox multiselect I’ve configured for my search.

For example, I leave nothing in the search box to guarantee all results (I’ve tried with something as well). I have a sub-sub-category called Ocala that I know has posts which is nested under ‘Used Boats & Gear/Florida Used Boats & Gear’.

When I begin typing ‘O’ I get some results but never get Ocala. I get similar poor auto-complete results for all sub, sub-sub and sub-sub-sub categories.

This appears to the user like there are no matches and people are abandoning the search. I believe there is a bug or problem in the way the auto-complete is search the category and subs.

Please advise. Sample URL: http://bit.ly/1M2bpHY

Ross Moderator

Hi there

This is a known issue – its when you are using hierarchical and comboboxes – the issue is that child categories/taxonomies etc have spaces before the word, which is not ignored in the JS, so you must actually press space several times before searching child categories.

I’m working on a fix for this.

Thanks

Ross Moderator

Just to update, Chosen doesn’t allow for any kind of hierachical lists – so for now I’m investigating how I can change the style/padding using CSS – but its not looking to be very flexible.

Thanks

Ross Moderator

This has been fixed in the next update out Monday at the latest.

Thanks

A Name Already In Use
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ross Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.