Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro "AND" relationship between the different form field

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • Didier TURCK

Hi,
    I have made a form with the following :
    Search for keywords
    Taxonomy for ads (category)
    Post Meta for the price
    Post Meta for the size
    Submit button

But :
    If I only select a category I obtain as a result all the ads
    If I mix section between the field the results are as a “OR” between the fields but I would like to have a “AND” : for exemple only the ads with “these keywords” AND “this category”.

Can you help me for a correct setup ?
    Thank you.

Ross Moderator

Hey Didier

I don’t think thats possible.

Basically, we use the WP_Query or pre_get_posts to modify your queries for search – and WordPress does not allow for this kind of granular control.

What you are able to do is set the relationship between taxonomies, categories and tags – using one setting – “and” or “or”.

WordPress also allows for setting the relationship between your meta queries (post meta fields), to “and” or “or” – however this is between all your meta queries – this option is not integrated in the plugin but I plan to add it as an option in the admin (I may be able to help with custom code if you need to be able to control this).

Thanks

Didier TURCK

Hi Ross?

I thank that wasn’t clear as I have mixes to problems in the same post :

> Pb 1
    I have created a search form with different fields including the catégories that comes from my theme (classified ads).
    When I make a search by selecting only one category I obtain all the ads whatever the category they belong to.

> Pb 2
    It seems that when I make a search that I have a “OR” between the different fields and I would need a “AND” between all the fields.

Do you thank you can help me ?
    Thank you.

Ross Moderator

Hey Didier

For problem 1 see:

http://www.designsandcode.com/wordpress-plugins/search-filter-pro/faqs/#h-bad-template

For problem 2, look in the settings box, in the “tags, categories and taxonomies” tab, there you will find a relationship option, which you can set to AND or OR.

Thanks

Didier TURCK
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ross Moderator

Hey Didier

So it looks like that code is not directly in your template file – it is in a template part.

<?php get_template_part( ‘loop’, ‘ad_listing’ ); ?>

This means it is pulling this file from another location in your theme.

You will also have to duplicate this file which will be called something like loop-ad_listing.php, and rename it to loop-ad_listing_sf.php

Then update the line above to something like:

<?php get_template_part( ‘loop’, ‘ad_listing_sf’ ); ?>

After this, we will check out the loop-ad_listing_sf.php – because this is where the query will be 🙂

PS – the filenames I give above may not be correct for your setup – you will have to find the correct one in your theme that get_template_part is loading – you can see how this function works here – http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_template_part

Thanks

Didier TURCK

Great,

So at this time I have renamed the search.php to search-filter.php and change the line <?php get_template_part( ‘loop’, ‘ad_listing’ ); ?> to <?php get_template_part( ‘loop’, ‘ad_listing_sf’ ); ?>.
    Then I have duplicated loop-ad_listing.php and renamed it to loop-ad_listing_sf.php.

So the filenames that you gave me were corrects.

And as far as I have understand, now I have to modify the following content (I am not sure for the line to be removed) :

<?php
    /**
    * Main loop for displaying ads
    */
    global $cp_options;
    ?>

<?php allthemes_before_loop(); ?>

<?php if ( have_posts() ) : ?>

<?php while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>

<?php allthemes_before_post(); ?>

<div class=”post-block-out <?php cp_display_style( ‘featured’ ); ?>”>

<div class=”post-block”>

<div class=”post-left”>

<?php if ( $cp_options->ad_images ) cp_ad_loop_thumbnail(); ?>

</div>

<div class=”<?php cp_display_style( array( ‘ad_images’, ‘ad_class’ ) ); ?>”>

<?php allthemes_before_post_title(); ?>

<h3>“><?php if ( mb_strlen( get_the_title() ) >= 75 ) echo mb_substr( get_the_title(), 0, 75 ).’…’; else the_title(); ?></h3>

<div class=”clr”></div>

<?php allthemes_after_post_title(); ?>

<div class=”clr”></div>

<?php allthemes_before_post_content(); ?>

<p class=”post-desc”><?php echo cp_get_content_preview( 160 ); ?></p>

<?php allthemes_after_post_content(); ?>

<div class=”clr”></div>

</div>

<div class=”clr”></div>

</div><!– /post-block –>

</div><!– /post-block-out –>

<?php allthemes_after_post(); ?>

<?php endwhile; ?>

<?php allthemes_after_endwhile(); ?>

<?php else: ?>

<?php allthemes_loop_else(); ?>

<?php endif; ?>

<?php allthemes_after_loop(); ?>

<?php wp_reset_query(); ?>

Didier TURCK

Hi Ross,

Do you think you can help me on identifying the line to be removed from the code in loop-ad_listing_sf.php shown in my previous post ?
    For this moment I succeed in having the results with the good page design but there isn’t any filter based on the Taxonomy and Post Meta.

Thank you.

Ross Moderator

Hey Didier

Looks like your theme is wrapping the query up (but at this stage I’m just guessing).

If we have this line:

<?php if ( have_posts() ) : ?>

It means the query has already been performed, and this line is a check to see if there are any resultsc from the query…

So logically I would guess that a query may be being performed before this, in this function:

<?php allthemes_before_loop(); ?>

However this may have more than just the query and removing it may have unexpected results…

Thanks

Didier TURCK

Hi Ross,

Thanks a lot for your help.
    So as I understand the loop-ad_listing_sf.php is calling the function <?php allthemes_before_loop(); ?>.
    The part to be removed would probably be in this function, right ?

Your plugin seems to be the best for my needs and I really want to make it works.
    Do you think then I have to look in the allthemes_before_loop function to modify it ?

Thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.