Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Align fields and make them non-bullet points and remove Related Post content

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 28 total)
  • Christiaan Punter

Hi,

I’ve purchased the Search & Filter Pro plugin and went through all of the settings. While it’s working there are a couple of issues that I have. You can check them out using the following URL.

https://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/search-and-filter

1. The results load and update very slowly. Can you please have a look and let me know why this might be?

2. The fields all display as bullet points on my results page. Can you tell me how to better align the fields and not have them show as bullet points?

3. Every single result is followed by Related Posts content. Can you tell me how to avoid this annoying repetition? Just a single range at the end is what is supposed to happen but I would also be fine with having no related posts content on the search results page at all.

Many thanks in advance.

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Christiaan Punter
    Christiaan Punter

Just to confirm: on my Search and Filter page, I only used only the below code. There is nothing else on that page.

[searchandfilter id=”25639″]
    [searchandfilter id=”25639″ show=”results”]

Trevor Moderator

I fixed that link. Can you check/confirm that you did follow the advice there?

As to the bullet points. This theme CSS file:

https://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/wp-content/themes/theblog/style.css

On line 861 has this CSS, which is causing them:

.body-content ul > li:before {
        content: "\f105";
        font-family: "FontAwesome";
        position: absolute;
        left: 0;
        top: 5px;
        line-height: 1;
    }

Add this custom CSS to the theme customizer to fix this:

.body-content .searchandfilter ul > li:before {
        content: none;
    }

Once I have the answer to the first part of this reply, I need to see the content of the results.php file, IF you have modified it? If you did not modify it, do you have a Related Posts plugin installed (which one), as it may be automatically adding that content after the post excerpt?

Christiaan Punter
    Christiaan Punter
    Trevor Moderator

Try changing it to:

.body-content .searchandfilter ul > li:before {
        display: none;
    }
    Christiaan Punter

I’ve tried this in the theme’s Custom CSS box.

As with the earlier code you supplied, the > character is not accepted and is changed to >

Trevor Moderator

Are you copying it from the email or from the forum, as email software changes characters?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Align fields and make them non-bullet points and remove Related Post content’ is closed to new replies.