Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Ajax troubleshooting

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)
  • Bruce Cannon

Hello:

Any advice on troubleshooting ajax?

I have read what I could find here in the forums, and the docs I could find, but am still having trouble preventing the whole page from reloading every time a change is made to the search filter.

Right now I’m working on a post type archive filter. In the ajax section, I have only checked “Load results using Ajax” and tried a few different likely classes and IDs as the container.

I changed the default #main because it was’t work, and because when I inspected the page it had two #main tags on it, so that seemed not good 🙂

Possibly selecting the correct container is where I’m making a mistake. Can anyone offer any advice about the correct way?

Thanks!

Bruce Cannon

Update and correction:

Duplicate #main ID is gone now, I’m guessing it was a mistake I made by testing more than one search form at a time, and I was seeing a second #main inserted by ajax?

Having said that, I still see full page reload even when targeting #main ID (which now looks like the correct place to insert data).

My next question is about the note in SFP docs about pagination:

Is this used to locate the end of the ajax container? Is so that might be a problem, because my theme does not insert pagination if there is not enough content to overflow.

Thoughts?

Bruce Cannon

Update and correction 2:

In my first update, I asked about pagination, but I guess I was probably wrong about that. It occured to me after I wrote that if I specify #main as the ajax container for results, then the plugin must fetch only data inside that ID, update the page inside that ID only. Is that how it works?

Follow-up question:

In my form, I specified #main.site-main as my ajax results container. But when inspecting the page to try and hunt down sources of error, I see in the form element this: data-ajax-target=’.search-filter-results-29986′

I would have thought that would read data-ajax-target=’#main.site-main’?

I would also think I would be able to find the data-ajax-target class on the page, but I can’t.

Can you help me understand this all better?

Ross Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bruce Cannon

Hello!

Ajax update, and a question:

After having tried everything suggested by you guys in my own tickets, and everything suggested in every forum discussion I could find, Ross’s comment above finally clicked it for me: all the headaches about Ajax appear to not have been mis-configuration, Archive vs Post Type vs custom template or ay of the rest It seems that the Elementor extension is bad. One click to deactivate and suddenly everything works as it should have.

But, since I bought SFP to use with Elementor, what are my options now? Can you suggest any other approaches? BTW: other than breaking Ajax, the elementor integration was very nice.

Thanks for your help!

Ross Moderator
    Bruce Cannon
    Bruce Cannon
    Bruce Cannon
    Ross Moderator
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.