Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Ajax not working? Submit button also gone

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Dries Van Liefde

Dear,

I just bought this promising plugin and trying to make it work now 🙂
    Unfortunately, it seems like it’s just doing nothing when selecting different dropdown options on http://aliaxisbe.webhosting.be/solutions/. I use the Salient theme, which is a well programmed theme. I feel like Ajax is just not doing it’s thing, can it be a conflict with an other plugin or so?

I don’t get a single development warning in the google console either.
    Curious about this… also, I just can’t display the submit button after trying to check and uncheck all of the relevant options.. We prefer ajax and no submit button though, it’s strange the submit is just not showing up.

I can provide the login credentials but don’t know if this forum post can be marked as private?
    Looking forward to your valuable feedback.

Buro 86.

Trevor Moderator

Hi

I looked at that page, and inspected the drop down box, but it is not inside any form. Our entire form code is missing.

Looking at the source code for the page, I do not see our javascript file loading. There is a setting in the plugin settings for this, that should not be used normally. Can you check that?

Dries Van Liefde

Hello Trevor,
    Thank you for your answer, but could not completely understand it to be honest.

What do you mean with “there is a setting in the plugin settings for this, that should not be used normally”

Thx for getting back to me asap.

Best regards,

Trevor Moderator

In the WP Admin, go to:

Search & Filter -> Settings -> JavaScript & CSS -> Load JavaScript & CSS files must be ON

Dries Van Liefde

Hi Trevor,

The setting is ON, you can check it, so I don’t know what to try anymore? 🙁

Any ideas ?

Trevor Moderator

Hi. I cannot check, as I do not have access to your WP Admin. Normally, the theme template would make a call to loader the header.php file (or similar) and that would enqueue the scripts for WordPress and all the plugins. Something is stopping this from happening.

Dries Van Liefde
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator

OK, it is working now, but the Visual Composer shortcodes are not being executed. Can you follow the customization guide here:

https://www.designsandcode.com/documentation/search-filter-pro/search-results/using-a-shortcode/#Customising_the_Results

Then edit the new results.php file and find this line:

<p><br /><?php the_excerpt(); ?></p>

It may need to lokk like this instead:

<p><br /><?php do_shortcode(the_excerpt()); ?></p>

I cannot be sure if that would fix that.

Dries Van Liefde
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Dries Van Liefde

Hello Trevor,

Unfortunately adding the do_shortcode() function does not have in influence on echo’ing the content of the post.

At first sight it works after going to the main url: http://aliaxisbe.webhosting.be/solutions/solution-finder

But when changing the dropdown options, the visual composer code is there again. Can you check this out please? Is there any change the do_shortcode() must be added somehwere else?

I am curious about the solution.
    Looking forward to your valuable response.

Dries

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ajax not working? Submit button also gone’ is closed to new replies.