Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Ajax Load results using Ajax not working

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • realityhouse

Hi Ross and Trevor,

I just have a few queries if that’s ok 🙂

1. On one of our sites where we set it to ‘Load results using Ajax?’ and get it to glide down to the results on pagination, it seems like Ajax isn’t kicking in, it’s just a hard refresh when you click through the pagination links and it doesn’t take you to the results further down the page. Do you know what would cause that at all?

2. On a search form Taxonomy dropdown we have it set to ‘Hide empty terms?’ but it is showing terms which only have content from different post types which are not relevant to this search and filter set-up. So for example this is a search which only searches in ‘Posts’ and there is no ‘Posts’ for a particular term, but there are ‘Pages’ tagged with this and it is showing this term in the options for this filter results, whereas we thought it wouldn’t as it is empty for the post type this form is set to. Hope that makes sense :).

3. We have custom post type for ‘Properties’ and then have a Search and Filter form to search them and that is all working great, the query we have is basically all the property content is sent via a cron job which processes an XML with all the property data, bringing in new properties and updating others on an hourly basis. Will the Search and Filter form cache be auto-triggered to re-build as and when new content is added to it in this way? Just thought we’d double check to ensure new content is immediately picked up.

Many thanks as always,
    Tonya

Trevor Moderator

Hi Tonya

For #1, are you able to send me a live link/URL to your search page so I can take a look? The most frequent cause is that the Results URL is incorrect, often it has http:// when it needs https:// (for example, the site has had the SSL certificate added after the form was made, or whne moving from staging to live, the Results URL was not updated.

In #2, assuming the search form is set to search on Posts, and not Pages, this may be caused by using the same taxonomy across multiple post types (in this case Posts and Pages). This may happen because, since WordPress introduced term splitting, the sharing of taxonomies across more than one post type has been discouraged. Where you need to share terms in this way, custom fields should be used instead.

Lastly, #3, you need to make sure that this action is triggered as each post is updated by the updating process:

https://searchandfilter.com/documentation/action-filter-reference/#update-cache-for-a-particular-post

Some plugins that do such imports, have hooks that allow you to do this (such as WP All Import).

realityhouse
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trevor Moderator
    Trevor Moderator
    realityhouse
    Trevor Moderator

Is the form on that page, or just the results? It may be that you have to place the form on the page and then hide it for it to work.

The results on the page are for form #1439. I can see two forms on the page, both being #3332, but they go to another page, so that should be OK.

realityhouse

Excellent Trevor, thanks so much!! I popped the form in, hid it, then it all worked, to be fair this was an unusual one as they did want to be able to filter the results, then they didn’t so I just kept the results, so not something that will ever be common, but great that I know this though, thanks ever so much again as always for super support :).

Trevor Moderator

Thanks for letting me know. I will close this thread for now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ajax Load results using Ajax not working’ is closed to new replies.