Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro Add availability calendar to filter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Boris Hoekmeijer

Hi,
    I’m using Search & Filter Pro, and I would like to add a calendar to the searchfilter, so visitors can select dates, and then only the available houses (it’s a holiday house rental site) will show. Do you know of a booking plugin that works with s&f like this, or do you have an idea how I could accomplish this?
    Cheers!
    Boris Hoekmeijer

Ross Moderator

Hey Boris

I don’t use any personally.

How would you envisage the system would work?

A great plugin for meta data would be http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/ – you can attach dates to your posts.

Thanks

Boris Hoekmeijer

Hello Ross,

I have no idea how it would work, I guess that would also depend on how the booking plugin functions, which is why I asked here. What I would like, is to display a calendar (or let the visitor fill in dates) in the search filter, and filter houses on availability by entering dates.

Are you saying that if a booking plugin enters availability data in custom fields (no idea if there are any that work like that), ACF should be able to retrieve it, in turn allowing S&F to include the extra filter?

Ross Moderator

Hey Boris

Yes S&F can use custom field data, but actually thinking about the logic of this I’m not sure how it would work.

Another way could possibly be that a CPT is used for each availability, so where you can set the start/end dates in each post.

To be honest I don’t have much experience using S&F with booking systems but I’ve seen other users do it.

If you are using any very popuplar events/bookings plugins I’d be happy to spend a bit of time figuring out how with you how to get it all setup.

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Search & Filter Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.