Support Forums

The forums are closed and will be removed when we launch our new site.

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro ACF Labels & Options Sync not working

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Michael Heimes

Hello.

In ACF I have a custom field with the name: key_signature
    That field has the following choices that are selected with a dropdown in ACF:
    A
    A#/Bb
    Ab
    B
    Bb
    C
    C#/Dd
    D

It is set to return a value.

In Search & Filter Pro, I have Post Meta: key_signature
    Input Type is Dropdown
    Get Options: Automatically
    Is ACF Field: checked.
    The search form is in the theme with: <?php echo do_shortcode(‘[searchandfilter id=”#####”]’); ?>

The options are not syncing with ACF. When I click the dropdown, there are no options.

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Laurie Kerns

Im probably having same issue but your response has been marked private so not sure how to remedy. Please help

Trevor Moderator

Note a ‘gotcha’ with ACF ….

… it makes 3 meta keys per field, like this:

#1 _suburb
    #2 field_5c1e1ebf30ae7
    #3 suberb

You need to use key #3, without the underscore at the start of the key name. If you choose #1 by mistake, in the field choices you will see the name of #2. For range sliders, it is not obvious when this mistake has been made.

Laurie Kerns

thanks, but that wasn’t it, but yes, I already noticed that 🙂 Problem was, they weren’t appearing AT ALL for me to even select. Perhaps there’s a long sync delay or something, and I was trying ot Rebuild Cache and several other things, but finally they ended up appearing in dropdown. Not sure why, but they did.

Trevor Moderator

Is it working now?

Laurie Kerns

It is but I don’t know the problem in the first place…maybe timing or cache? I imported an older .json file and ended up copying the php code and putting in functions.php directly, so don’t know if that fixed it or the cache or what…was just frustrating cuz the fields didn’t appear for long time and I tried many things, so not actually sure what worked or what I did wrong in first place.

Trevor Moderator

I guess we will not know. The cache may have take a while to build. I will close this thread for now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ACF Labels & Options Sync not working’ is closed to new replies.