Support Forums

Looking for support? You can access the support system via your account.

Forums Forums Search & Filter Pro 1 template, multiple pages, 1 form

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Leo

Hi,

If I google the question from my topic, I can’t really find a complete awnser. That’s why I open a new topic.

For a customer we have a sort of difficult question. They need a website which basically consists of lists. URL structure and content is everything so it can’t be archive pages. It’s about showing companies for certain services but also based on location.

website.com/google-advertising/
    website.com/google-advertising/country/
    website.com/google-advertising/country/province/
    website.com/google-advertising/country/province/city/

All these url’s should hold lists of companies. In these lists users should be able to filter on budget, size of company, etc.

Now our client has to make allot of pages with allot of content which is no problem. Because of these queries we want to go from a page template where you can select options to build the query.

However we don’t want to have to create a new Search and Filter object for every page. This will get way to difficult. If we then want an adjustment in the filter we have to do that for say 300 objects while they’re all exactly the same.

My question is:
    Can we have 1 filter for a certain page template working on different pages?
    At this point we have to add the url. What does S&F do exactly with this url? Is it to load certain scripts? Cause in that case we can load these scripts standard in the page template.
    Or is it to get the posts and ajax calls to the right url? Is there a part of the S&F code we can adjust in this case where we can loop through with the url of the current page?

We haven’t been able to find a solution so far and really hope you can help us on the way!

Trevor Moderator

Is ‘google-advertising’ a Post Type? Or a taxonomy term, and if so, of what post type?

Leo

Hi Trevor,

It are all pages. The complete site structure is based on pages:

The companies are a custom post type which are loaded in to certain pages based on a category they’re in.
    So on the google-advertising page you’ll select to show all companies in the category of google-advertising.
    In google-advertising/uk/ all companies in google-advertising and in the UK. etc. etc.

Trevor Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Leo
    Trevor Moderator

OK, I will wait for you to follow up on this.

Leo
    Trevor Moderator
    Trevor Moderator
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.